Tromping through their land of ice and snow, Traveling Polar Bears! The loose material used here is unlikely...Israeli couscous and tapioca! This is a favorite as the children use their scoops to fill, dump, and maneuver the couscous blend amongst the clear diamond-shaped jewels.
To create this playtray
1. This playtray scene works better in a large bin instead of a tray in order to contain the couscous blend.
2. Begin with some polar bears.
3. Purchase a large quantity of Israeli couscous and add some tapioca.
4. Add some clear diamond-shaped jewels.
5. Find some scoops (or bamboo tea strainers).
6. Then add chunks of Amazonite (or other iceberg like materials.)
7. Click here for a printable Traveling Polar Bears idea card and have fun!
See what it looks like when children get their hands on Traveling Polar Bears!